Saturday, July 13, 2013

Thank You



 BEFORE........



Here is the "AFTER" picture of my daughter Meghan's back yard. I went over yesterday morning for 2-3 hours and helped her clean things up and then this pic is the crew who came later in the afternoon. Someone had cut the smaller limbs and stacked up the firewood, but she had no clue since it was done while she was at work the evening before. Just a random act of kindness, she thinks maybe her neighbor who lives across the street????.

  Thanks to everyone who commented on my last post. After reading the comments I went back and replied to your messages.


I am taking a bit of a break from mowing. I have all the riding done, now to fortify myself for the trimming with the push mower. I have to get this done today. Weather man says our humid weather will be returning tomorrow which is Sunday. I try not to work anymore on Sundays. For years it never seemed to matter what day of the week it was, my husband and I worked regardless. The Sabbath is a day of rest and I have changed my views on it. One works themselves into a frenzy for 6 days a week and needs the 7th for a rest. Back when I was still in nursing and had to work my weekends (not by choice, but it was required) I had to work Sundays. I asked my mother-in-law about that because she was a firm believer in Sundays being a day of rest. She told me, "If you have to work on Sundays, then you should make your Sabbath on a day when you are not having to go to work." It made sense. Besides, we all know people who HAVE to work on Sundays, nurses, doctors, policemen, firemen, just to name a few.

Well, I better get busy. I am burning daylight and really want to be done with this job. Oh yeah, I started my mom's African Flower blanket last evening. I have 3 motifs done so far and will share a pic of the progress in my next post. I also ordered some books from Amazon. I'll share them too. Hope your weekend is going fine. ♥ you all.

7 comments:

  1. Oh, can't wait to see the flower motifs! My daughter who lives in Ohio is arriving on Tuesday - hope it's not too cold for them here! Our little granddaughters haven't been "home" to Oregon for 2 years! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you need a day a rest after all you have been through. Looking forward to seeing your flowers.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww...how sweet of you, Susanne! Yes, a day of rest is essential {{hugs}} I look forward to see what books you have ordered!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The yard looks very nice now - your daughter has nice neighbors and a great family. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's quite an amazing transformation. I love your two Yorkies. Thanks for stopping by MAY DAYS. Yes, my little Lucy is also too small to get on and off the bed. She lets me know when she wants me to lift her on and off. It's up and down a lot!
    Rita

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there! I am back from the lake and doing some catch up. I see you had a big storm! Wow!!! The bird feather is beautiful. I looks like a hawk feather. I pick them up all the time too.
    Love the transformation in your daughter's yard after cleanup.
    Please post photos of your Mom's blanket along the way.
    Hugs,
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  7. All looks pretty now, the weather also. How nice to live with kind people around. GOD bless you all. Keep busy with something you like, you'll find time flies and enjoyable. Do take some rest. Can't wait to see your finished flower blanket.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
~WRITE IT ON YOUR HEART................
THAT THE ONES YOU LOVE ARE LIFE'S MOST PRECIOUS GIFTS~