Sunday, September 4, 2011

Quiet Sunday

Just a nibble of Jelly Bellies before breakfast. The kid in me insisted this could be breakfast.

Today is Sunday and I feel like my mind is mush. After all we have been through this past week I feel drained. So forgive me for any ramblings of my thought process. I had some pictures that I took about a week ago and when I downloaded them from the memory stick I realized they are not of very good quality but, I wanted to post them anyways, so please bear with me for my lack of photography skills. I keep thinking I will get better with a camera.....maybe that could be a New Year's resolution.



If you follow my blog you know how nuts-o  I am about the African Flower motif. I can almost hear some of you thinking, "Oh crap! here she goes about that flower again." I know, I know, I'm like a broken record playing the same old song, just on a new day, lol. You might be glad to hear that I think I am burning myself out on the flower. I do have that second blanket in the works and it is going quickly. I am back to making more flowers which do not go so quickly because of the tails of yarn. My pet peeve is that those pesky yarn ends have to be woven in and that is time consuming. I will post a pic soon of my progress. I just want it to be close to finished when I do.......in the meantime.......to relieve any boredom, I do a little quick project in between so I don't get to the hair pulling point. I am so trying to not revert to old habits of having a dozen UFOs hiding in containers and begging to "finish me"! So, I had 2 skeins of Lion Brand Fancy Fur and pulled out my circular knitting needle (I prefer that to straight needles) and I cast on about 12-14 stitches and I commence to knitting a quickie scarf. Just knit every row till ya run out of yarn, that's all ya do. It isn't a rocket scientist pattern, rather a no-brainer, but it keeps me occupied for a day and relieves boredom with the flowers.


 This yarn was so fun. The knitting was done in no time, and then I got back to making flowers and joining them to the blanket.


On a different note check my August 30th posting for the end of summer GIVEAWAY. It has all the details of what you must do to win. The comments will only be accepted on that post. There will be 2 winners so take a few minutes to enter before the September 15th deadline. And on that note I wish you a pleasant Sunday and hope it is the start of a great week for all of you. ♥

6 comments:

  1. Don't think that you're bothering me by talking about your african flowers - I love looking at all the different color combos. Your scarf came out real nice too. Looks nice and fluffy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never tired of your African flowers. They're always awesome. Love the blanklet making by pieces of the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your scarf looks nice, and your African flowers look great, my Mom looks on your blog and she has stacks of the African flowers that she has made and are waiting there turn to be put into the blanket. You have to do what makes you smile.
    Also, read your previous post, I hope things get better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Susanne.

    I'm sorry you have had such a tough week. I'd say jelly beans are in order.

    I have great news for you though. You won my End of Summer Celebration Giveaway! Please email me your address so I can get it out to you.

    Happy Labor Day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh La, I am so excited, my first time winning anything. Thank you. I sent an email with my address.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love fun fur! It always makes such a great end product =)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
~WRITE IT ON YOUR HEART................
THAT THE ONES YOU LOVE ARE LIFE'S MOST PRECIOUS GIFTS~