Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Making Laundry Soap

One of my own pet peeves about myself is that I am always checking things out, writing down the interesting things on my scraps of paper, then at a complete loss where I wrote that notation and where I saw the info in the first place. So maybe you guys can help set me straight.....Homemade Laundry Soap......does that ring a bell with any of you?  Now I saw the recipes for making this on 2 different blogs and do ya think I can remember both, no, just one and I made it and it turned out really well, found here  http://sunnysimplelife.blogspot.com/  on Elaine's blog (check her out, she is great). I made it and very pleased with the outcome and it works on the laundry.

But....there was another similar recipe on another blog and I bookmarked it as well, do ya think I can find it, heck no I can't. I wanted to send both to my daughter. I sent the one......I'm still searching for the other. I know, I need desperately to get organized. Maybe the annoying scraps of paper should go and I should get a notebook where I can write down all the stuff I want to remember??? Any suggestions???

On another note I have finished the second AF blanket and just need to damp block it a bit and then I am going to take a pic for all of you to see. I plan to do that in a couple of days. Have family is coming this evening for taco pizza and I am a bit swamped with household chores at the moment. Hope everyone is having a great week. ♥


5 comments:

  1. Well thanks so much for the kind words and as for the forgetting of things. Have you tried Pinterest because you can make boards for anything like say "Things I want to try" and pin it to it and then it is there with a little picture and the link when you click on it. I used to keep just a spiral notebook before with categories but then sometimes I would forget where I put it. Glad you like the soap. I always feel sort of pioneer when I make up a batch:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Susanne, I do the same thing. Here is another blog that has the laundry soap recipe. It is on her sidebar. http://thebeehivecottage.blogspot.com/
    I have not tried this but maybe I need to. I will have to look at the link you gave and see what the ingredients are. Laundry soap is expensive as is everything else.
    Have fun with your family. Hope your day is a good one. How is learning the new camera coming along? Looking forward to the seeing the pictures of the blanket.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never tried making laundry soap.. I really should. We run through the liquid stuff so fast. I did see Elaine's. I will also check on Pinterest. I can't seem to stop checking on Pinterest LOL>>>>

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello,
    I have used recipes from this site for homemade laundry soap
    http://www.thefamilyhomestead.com/laundrysoap.htm

    I am happy to have found you - I have enjoyed strolling through your blog - I am working in my garden too, it is a lot of work - but so satisfying!
    Hope you have a great day,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello,
    I can't help with the homemade laundry soap question, but I want to thank you for becoming a follower of my blog and your kind comment! Nice to meet you. I'm your newest follower now!
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
~WRITE IT ON YOUR HEART................
THAT THE ONES YOU LOVE ARE LIFE'S MOST PRECIOUS GIFTS~