Monday, August 4, 2014

Knitted Scarf With Crocheted Snowflakes



 Now don't fall out of your seats. It isn't often that I post so close together but, I am finishing up my snowflake scarf and just anxious to show you all how it is turning out. At first I wasn't so sure about all this. Night after night I was laying in bed thinking what can I design myself. All I ever do is be a copy cat and a follower. As far as I know there is no scarf out there like this, I hope. As far as I know this is my original idea and design.


I have not finished attaching all the snowflakes to the one side. I pinned them in place with hat pins for where I wanted them to be sewn.


Originally Ella was naked when I first started snapping pics, but I really needed to get a blouse on her that would show off the scarf better. I included these first photos mainly to show different ways to wear it.


 I was also hoping that I could catch some sparkle, just like new snow sparkles in the sun and moonlight.


 This scarf is so long it can touch the floor when just draped around the neck without wrapping it.


I am debating whether to tack down the tips of the snowflakes that are not over the edge. I even debated whether to add more at the neck area, but then that might be a pain in the butt because I'm sure to get them in the right position when wearing it would not always be easy. You can see some sparkle in the above and below pics.




Other than that I won't be posting about this scarf again. I am so good about starting projects but so bad about finishing them, even when all that is needed for completion may be a seam or a few buttons, or in this case attaching the snowflakes for an embellishment.



Another scrappy project to share is this hot pad. I had a bit of crochet cotton left over from all the dish rags I had made in the past. I gathered them all up and came up with this. I think considering I didn't have a pattern or any kind of color scheme it turned out pretty decent. It only took a couple of hours to whip up. Besides it will serve a useful purpose. Something like this would be a nice addition to a "Welcome" basket for a new neighbor or a stocking stuffer. Ladies, do you realize we are getting closer to Christmas!!!


And lastly, we all like to know more about the blogger friends we have. I am fairly a low maintenance gal but one thing my husband and I always loved was a good cup of coffee. For the most part I am a coffee drinker. In my younger years I was more of a Diet Coke nut. My oldest bought her dad some Dunkin' Donuts coffee and so for some of those special mornings he would brew a pot and we would relax and enjoy. Since his passing I am carrying on daily in this one indulgence and treating myself. Recently I had the Blueberry and just finished the French Vanilla. This morning I opened the Chocolate. My hubby was not a fan of the flavored stuff, he liked his coffee with a bit of creamer but otherwise no frills. A girl has to have some things to make her day special, and one of my things is good coffee ♥

3 comments:

  1. Love the scarf it's a very pretty design and I haven't seen anything like it before. I think it looks good just the way it is. Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving such nice comments. I would have answered your comment but did you know that you are a no reply blogger so I was unable too. Have a great week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Susanne! Look at you.. designing original items and posting 2 days in a row! Woohoo! I love the scarf and think it's really pretty and dressy! Imagine it on a red sweater! I'll be gone for almost 2 weeks.. hope you don't miss me too much.. lol.. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Susanne I have left an answer to your question on my blog xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
~WRITE IT ON YOUR HEART................
THAT THE ONES YOU LOVE ARE LIFE'S MOST PRECIOUS GIFTS~