Monday, July 28, 2014

More of the Scrappy Project



 Hello my friends. Thank you for taking time from your busy schedules to stop by and visit me. The door is always open 24/7 and you are all welcome anytime. I have posted pictures today of my progress. Contrary to what I thought, things are shaping up quite nicely and I've just about reached the end of the road on this one.


Actually there isn't a lot to show except different pictures of the same thing with slightly different shots.


I guess I could have turned it sideways to give you a different angle, but I think you are all smart enough to envision that in your heads, lol.


 There was no doubt in my mind as to what I was going to do for a border. This one was basically 3 rows of simple, simple, and more simple.


 It was simple, but turned out to be time-consuming because of the increases which seemed to take forever. You know how you feel when you would like to see an end to a project, even though you have enjoyed doing it. My fault is that I am always trying to keep the next project at bay while telling myself to "please finish this one".


It did actually turned out better than I thought it would. There was a few times I thought about scrapping this scrappy thing and just labeling it a failure.


The back was a puzzle, should I crochet a back, make a fabric backing? I did a single crochet piece and then had to rip it apart and remove about 3 chains because it was turning out too wide. Still, even with doing that I wasn't sure it would fit. I am a tight crocheter, I would pin it in place and ease it in, then whip stitch back to front, leaving an opening on the bottom.


I am still not sure how I plan to do the closure. I want to be able to remove the pillow insert and wash it should it become soiled. Buttons? Velcro? I don't think a zipper would work well, but then maybe velcro wouldn't either since we all know how velcro loves to stick to everything. It would fuzz up the yarn, then what a mess. What do you think? Any suggestions?


This pillow will no doubt just be a decorative item around the house, but famous last words, ya never know who (maybe the grandson) will grab it and lay down a sleepy head. I will do a tutorial if enough folks are interested in making one. It was relatively simple even if it looks crazy and complicated.

Before I end this post I just want to list a pet peeve. Have any of you been getting those automated phone call messages that offer you lower interest rates, offers to discuss your credit rating? Here lately I have been averaging about 1-4 of these calls several times a week. This has been going on for a good 3 months. The phone rings and I am always in the middle of some sort of thing, often my hands are in water and I have to grab a towel to dry off. It doesn't stop there. I come home to their messages being left on my answering machine. Years ago I did do the DO NOT CALL REGISTRY (1-888-382-1222) which blocks these unwanted calls for 5 years. You have to do land lines and cell phone numbers separately to put them on the list. About a week ago I had enough, I did the routine again, listing both of my numbers. I was so sick of dropping everything to answer the phone only to find out it was another of these time wasting calls. They are an intrusion in your life. From what I gather it takes several weeks for the Registry to take effect. Today my phone rang, yep, another of those calls. "Press 1" it said to talk to a representative, and so I did, I pressed 1 and when she came on and asked me if I was responding to discuss my interest rates I told her, "NO, I AM RESPONDING TO YOUR CONSTANTLY LEAVING ME MESSAGES 10 OR MORE TIMES A MONTH! I WANT YOU TO TAKE MY NAME OFF OF YOUR CALLING LIST!" She hung up on me! Good, that was the 3rd call in 2 days. Enough of thinking there is a family emergency and I need to drop everything to answer the phone only to hear a stranger's annoying crap. Most likely they are scammers anyways. If I need to discuss my credit I will call my card companies. Okay, I'm done, I've blown off a bit of steam, I'm feeling better now. Have a good week everyone :)


 


7 comments:

  1. We solved that by canceling our land line.. now we just each have our cell phones. What a fun pillow you made! I ended up just crocheting my covers right on the form.. if I want to wash it, I will toss the whole thing in the washer and dryer and hope it makes it. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pillow has turned out very pretty Susanne. I would go with snaps maybe - or buttons.
    I am with you about the irritating phone calls. Sometimes they even call around 9:30 at night. I pick up the phone and say "PLEASE STOP CALLING". That doesn't seem to be working. I guess I'll have to register my number again. Have a good evening. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you are so patient with the lovely crochet and the callers. I'd have a whistle near the phone. When they call again ask them to hold the line and blow for all you're worth. Bet they won't like that. The other suggestion and not so painful would be to lay the phone down and walk away. they're paying for it! Hehe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pillow looks great! Love the frilly edges. Too cute! Just rant and rave all you want. I don't answer my phone anymore for any number I don't recognize on the caller ID. Sometimes they call daily anyway, and it is annoying!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So lovely and colorful pillow. You're great in such work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We get those calls all the time, I should call the registry again, maybe my five years have expired. Love the scrappy yarn project, I am glad you did not give up becuase it turned out so nice.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  7. In South Carolina, there is or was a law to the effect that if ou ask someone to take you off their list and they call back that you can go to small claims court and get about $350. So when I get a nuisance call I calmly ask for the name of the caller and the company. I then tell them I am making a note of the time , date and their info and tell them about the law. These people seem to lose interest in calling us back.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
~WRITE IT ON YOUR HEART................
THAT THE ONES YOU LOVE ARE LIFE'S MOST PRECIOUS GIFTS~