Sunday, April 20, 2014

Easter Sunday


I love this picture of Jesus. The artist, Akiane Kramarik painted it when she was 8 years old, after she had a vision. Today is Easter Sunday and those of us who are born again Christians celebrate the Resurrection of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. I guess I love this picture so much because of the eyes, the kindness I see there. I don't need to see His heart, I know it has so much love for all of us that it is over-flowing. No one could have suffered and done what He did on that cross had He not truly loved us. I can not imagine carrying the burden of sin for every human being. I hope all of you are having a blessed Easter holiday and remember that this day is not really about eggs, bunnies and candy-filled baskets. This day is what gives us the hope through faith for an eternal life with God and His son in heaven. There is peace in knowing that. I hope you all find your peace. May God bless and keep you all. I love you ♥

2 comments:

  1. Wow, an 8 year old painted that? That is a wonderful image. I hope you had a great day - we've had Easter egg hunts, just about to sit down to a roasted ham with red currant glaze, scalloped potatoes, cooked baby squash, sourdough bread and homemade cupcakes for dessert.. want to join us?

    ❀.•❤•.✿.•❤ Happy Easter! ❀.•❤•.✿.•❤

    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Easter Susanne - I hope you had a great day today. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
~WRITE IT ON YOUR HEART................
THAT THE ONES YOU LOVE ARE LIFE'S MOST PRECIOUS GIFTS~