Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Baby Granny TA-DA


I finished the baby granny last evening.
It was too late to bring it outside for a photo.


I made a simple border of 3 rounds starting
with that deeper pink, then white, and a
final row of the deep pink.
I found an easy border stitch 
that consists of making 1sc, ch3, 1sc all in
one chain 1 space, then you skip the next space
 and repeat all around the blanket. 
So in other words you are working in 
every other space. It does kinda resemble
a picot edge when one does a quick glance.


 I love the colors and how it all turned out.
The white is double strand of Teddy baby fingering
yarn. It is so soft and white as snow. 
The pinks are Bernat baby yarns in a sport weight.
Anyone interested just needs to know a basic
granny square pattern. There is no real gauge.
I do crochet fairly tight and I used a Bernat 
size E (3.50mm English) hook.
I used American stitches.
There are 6 rounds of 
dc on each granny and on each motif I did 1
last round of sc. I made 36 blocks.
I joined them 6x6 using a whip stitch.
I then added 2 more rows of sc around the 
entire blanket.
Finishing up I did the final border stitch 
that I described above. 


Now the fun begins as I try and figure 
out what I want to make next.
If you are anything like me 
you just want to do it all.
I really want to continue using up my 
baby yarn stash.
So what are you doing now?
Is it something I just think I need to do too? 
~ lol ~

13 comments:

  1. It's so pretty Susanne - I love the border picots too. You crocheted this blanket pretty fast - your hook has got to be smoking. I hope you're having a great day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blanket turned out beautifully. The colors all work so well together and it looks very soft and feminine. Great work! Heather

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's beautiful Susanne!! I so wish I could crochet...one of these days I'm going to teach myself how!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The blanket is beautiful, the colors are perfect. I really love the edge you are right it does look like a picot stitch. I have finally finished another shrug so I have started on a crochet shawl and I am thinking about knitting a swatch for a sweater.
    Hugs to you dear Susanne,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  5. This came out so pretty. I can see one of these, same colors, in my future! Need to replenish my baby blanket supply so happy to see this. Edging is perfect on it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooooooh, it's beautiful! I so love the colors! And that border is too cute. I have to try that one out. Very dainty and feminine!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Your blanket came out so beautiful! I love the colors and your photos are very pretty!!!
    Hope you have a great day!
    Hugs, LS

    ReplyDelete
  8. So soft so nice for a baby girl. I think I should do crochet with wool felt. Two crafts combine will be something lovely. May be do a pair of baby felt bootie with the crochetted upper fold down (I don't know what do you call that part). Love and hugs ~.~

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Susanne, your blanket is just beautiful! I absolutely love the colors your chose, and the way you did the border is so gorgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. "is it something I need to do too?".... lol, you are funny.

    I've crocheted a few pairs of fingerless gloves, some scarves, oh and some flower brooches.

    Good job on the blanket.

    cheers
    Fi

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi, I have been reading back and catching up on all of your happenings! The blankets are fabulous!! Love the whiskey planter!
    I had to laugh a little at your comment on my blog. Your daughter really gave you a run for your money, didn't she! I have a very strong willed daughter like that too. But this is the first one to move away. I am so worried about him. I pray a lot!!!
    Hugs, Kris

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so pretty! I never, ever get tired of the good old granny square! Or PINK! And I am JUST like you .... I want to do it ALL!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That really is precious! And would be perfect for a little throw for anyone! I love these pretty colors! I have some shells out to make another garland! lol

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
~WRITE IT ON YOUR HEART................
THAT THE ONES YOU LOVE ARE LIFE'S MOST PRECIOUS GIFTS~