Friday, November 11, 2011

I Hate Merging

We're home, finally after 2 days and 1 night
spent in Ann Arbor Michigan.
My husband had his monthly appointments and 
this time he got a chest x-ray.
Unfortunately he has pneumonia and 
luckily he is now on an antibiotic. 
Keeping fingers crossed that he will show some improvement.
I am watching him like a hawk.

Now to get to the reason for this post. I like to drive, but I absolutely hate merging. The first merge comes when we get through Fremont, we head for the Ohio Turnpike, the GPS tells us to "take the highway" and in my mind I am thinking they should have programed it to say, "Hit the Road Jack!"

Then the second merge comes from the Ohio Turnpike to Interstate 75. This is actually the worst one because you are now dealing with nutty drivers who are heading for Toledo. Now I swear, these people are either driving faster to get through that stretch of road or they are very anxiously hurrying to get to Toledo. Either way they speed up and it becomes like a Nascar race.

Then the 3rd merge is from I-75 to the outer loop of Toledo which is I-475 and the traffic does thin out a bit and you can breath a bit slower. 

The 4th merge is from I-475 to I-23 North and then you are heading for Michigan. This is the last stretch before we reach our destination. I spend a lot of time complaining about how I hate to merge and "I hate this" and "I hate that" to which my husband comments that he has never seen anyone like me. I comment back that if he hasn't then he needs to go take a good look in the mirror.

After the 2 days it is time to start home and okay, now it is the same old thing only in reverse.....merge, merge, merge, and more merging.
It is such a relief to finally be driving up our driveway and into the garage. For the most part I am a home body and traveling is not my forte. I would much rather spend my days puttering around this house and doing my own thing. I have little if no desire to live in a big city and it doesn't even remotely appeal to me.
If I had some ruby red slippers I would click my heels together and repeat the words, 
"There is no place like home."
♥♥♥

1 comment:

  1. I'm like you - I'd rather be home. :)

    Hope your hubby feels better soon.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
~WRITE IT ON YOUR HEART................
THAT THE ONES YOU LOVE ARE LIFE'S MOST PRECIOUS GIFTS~