Saturday, November 19, 2011

Dishrags


As promised a quick batch of pics to update everyone on what I have been doing these past several weeks.
After I did the second AF Blanket I got busy and crocheted up the shawl for Mary and the striped scarf. 
In between the last 2 projects I was knitting up dishrags.
I used Bernat Cotton. I found huge skeins on sale at Jo-Ann Fabrics for around $5 plus tax. 
I bought 3 skeins and started in with knitting needles. The one pattern is an old reliable one that most knitters know where you
cast on 4 stitches, knit the first row and then increase 1 stitch each row in til you have 43 stitches on the needle. After that you decrease by knitting 2 together each row. This pattern is one
published by Lily Cotton Yarns and you should be able to find it on their website. There are tons of patterns available for free all over the web. My other pattern is just a K1, P1 pattern throughout. You decide how wide and how long you want your dishrag to be. You will cast on an odd number of stitches so that every row will start and end with a knit stitch.

 









I'm trying to decide if I should sell them or just give them away for gifts. I have to make 3 more green ones for my daughter for Christmas presents. Only time will tell what I do with the rest of the batch.
♥♥♥

6 comments:

  1. You have been very busy there my sweet friend. How have you found the time. Love all the bright colors. Enjoy the rest of your weekend. Crazy town here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...Susanne!! What an AMAZING lot of dish cloths!
    Go you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty colors. You sure have been busy with those. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Susanne, you have been very busy those colors must have been so fun to knit with. I love a quick knit project that really makes you feel like you have accomplished something.
    Hugs to you,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are very neat! I've heard people really rave about how good they work! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow. What a lot of dishcloths!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog. Sorry it was so controversial...it's not usually like that! I hope you had a nice Thanksgiving and enjoy your weekend.

    Cindy Bee

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
~WRITE IT ON YOUR HEART................
THAT THE ONES YOU LOVE ARE LIFE'S MOST PRECIOUS GIFTS~