As promised a quick batch of pics to update everyone on what I have been doing these past several weeks.
After I did the second AF Blanket I got busy and crocheted up the shawl for Mary and the striped scarf.
In between the last 2 projects I was knitting up dishrags.
I used Bernat Cotton. I found huge skeins on sale at Jo-Ann Fabrics for around $5 plus tax.
I bought 3 skeins and started in with knitting needles. The one pattern is an old reliable one that most knitters know where you
cast on 4 stitches, knit the first row and then increase 1 stitch each row in til you have 43 stitches on the needle. After that you decrease by knitting 2 together each row. This pattern is one
published by Lily Cotton Yarns and you should be able to find it on their website. There are tons of patterns available for free all over the web. My other pattern is just a K1, P1 pattern throughout. You decide how wide and how long you want your dishrag to be. You will cast on an odd number of stitches so that every row will start and end with a knit stitch.
I'm trying to decide if I should sell them or just give them away for gifts. I have to make 3 more green ones for my daughter for Christmas presents. Only time will tell what I do with the rest of the batch.