Saturday, April 2, 2011

A Bit of Down Time

Today I put down my crochet hook for awhile (prying it out of my hand). We will go visit my oldest daughter and her husband for a few hours this afternoon. She just started her own scrap booking blog found here and opened herself a little Etsy store devoted to her passion. She is a full-time social worker for the State of Ohio and I don't know how she manages to juggle all the things that she does. Her love of scrappin' is what helps her keep her sanity and we all know how important it is to be able to leave life's stresses behind and bury ourselves in what we love to do. Her little Etsy store is doing a bit of business, plus she has been making greeting cards and doing nicely selling them to co-workers. The orders came in slowly and word of mouth helped to jump start her business. Now she is a bit swamped and so I offer to help her and she accepts my help.......I will be doing some die cuts or punches for her. In return, she offers to feed us some hot wings. Her dad says he will go along. He does not offer to help. I imagine it was the mention of food that enticed him to tag along :P

Last evening I counted how many new African Flowers I had managed to whip up and the count was around 18. Do I have any offers to come weave the yarn tails in for me? What?? Did I hear someone say, "I'm getting outta here?" LOL, I know, that has got to be the worst part ever when doing any kind of motif with color changes. I sat in my chair thinking how tired I was and then I spied out a bit of doily thread scraps and it was like a light bulb went off above my head and I got a second wind. I dug out a small steel crochet hook and I think you all get the picture.......YES!  






This little darling is a bit too large for my dollhouse, I do believe it just isn't to the 1:12 scale and so I would have to either go with a smaller doily thread or embroidery floss. It was fun to try and if I do anymore experiments I will post what develops (if I am not blind by then from doing such tiny work, lol). In the meantime, I will continue to work with worsted weight yarns. Enjoy your weekend. ♥

2 comments:

  1. LOL you're right.....I hate to tuck in those pesky ends, but the end result is so beautiful it makes up for all that tiresome work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes - attaching the ends are the worst part when working with several colors... SO time consuming!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
~WRITE IT ON YOUR HEART................
THAT THE ONES YOU LOVE ARE LIFE'S MOST PRECIOUS GIFTS~