Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Healthy Start

I decided not to make any New Year's resolutions. I always have good intentions, but a few days into the new brings back the old. One thing we love at our home is salads and today I got busy and dug out a bunch of veggies from the fridge and set to work washing and chopping. I have this huge Tupperware bowl and it takes a long time to fill it. There will be no excuses to not have a healthy portion of salad daily. I just wanted to share a pic of the lovely colors of the peppers.......a bit of brightness on a cold winter's day.







   



I found out yesterday that I liked asparagus. Years ago I fixed some out of a can and it wasn't that tasty so I never tried it again. On a whim I bought a bunch at the grocery produce section and steamed it. I also had some steamed Brussel sprouts (as a back up) just in case the asparagus wasn't all it was cracked up to be........OH MY, it was so tasty and I am in love! I can't believe I waited so long to give this veggie another chance. I suggested to my husband that maybe we could plant some in this years garden. I want you to see  what it looked like this past summer. Yes, it keeps us both busy. He plants and tends it, I can and freeze the fruits and veggies. It is a team effort and we have plenty to eat in the winter. We have more than enough and can share with family and friends :)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
~WRITE IT ON YOUR HEART................
THAT THE ONES YOU LOVE ARE LIFE'S MOST PRECIOUS GIFTS~